State Parks relies on the hard work of seasonal employees, and a seasonal position is a great way to begin a career with state parks. The Santa Cruz District of California State Parks, which includes parks along the coast from Watsonville to Half Moon Bay and stretches into the Santa Cruz Mountains, hires employees in the spring time to work in the campgrounds during the summer.
For further job information in the Santa Cruz District, please call the district office at (831) 335-6318.
For information on seasonal and permanent positions statewide, please click here.
Santa Cruz District - California State Parks is Currently Hiring Park Interpretive Naturalists
- Permanent Intermittent (PI): 1500 hours per year
- You are required to take an online exam before applying for the Staff Service Analyst positions
- Pigeon Point Light Station State Historic Park - Duty Statement
- Portola Redwoods & Castle Rock State Park - Duty Statement - *housing available for this position at nearby Big Basin Redwoods State Park
- Castro Adobe State Historic Park - Duty Statement
- Half Moon Bay State Beach - Duty Statement
How to Apply:
- 1. Take the Staff Servie Analyst (General) Exam: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Exams/Bulletin.aspx?examCD=7PB34
- 2. We encourage you to take the exam as soon as possible - the positions will be advertised soon at www.parks.ca.gov/parkjobs. Please check listings frequently.
- part-time & full-time
- Locations: Wilder Ranch State Park, Natural Bridges State Beach, and Santa Cruz Mission State Historic Park
- Click here for the duty statement
How to Apply:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Send current resume and completed Standard State Application 678 to:
Email: Elizabeth.Hammack@parks.ca.gov or Linda.Hitchcock@parks.ca.gov
Mail: Elizabeth Hammack/Linda Hitchcock
Santa Cruz District Office
303 Big Trees Park Road
Felton CA 95018