Shops & Restaurants
In addition to museums operated by California State Parks, there are a variety of businesses that support the cultural preservation and interpretation efforts through concession contracts. While in the park, enjoy shopping, dining, and exploring these unique store, restaurants, and museums.
California Indian Market & Jewelry - Original Native American designs
Captain Fitch's Mercantile - Historical & educational books and nautical gifts
Cousin's Candy - Old Fashioned Candy, Handmade Taffy and Fudge
El Centro Artesano - Hand Crafted Pottery, Giftware & Chimes, Artisan on-site making pottery, every Sunday 11am-4pm
Fiesta de Reyes
Specialty Shops ~ Artists & Craftsmen
- Barra Barra - Saloon and Mexican Restaurant
- Casa de Reyes - Traditional, comfortable, and exceptional outdoor dining with a unique ambiance under a Carrizo arbor beside roaring fire pits
- The Cosmopolitan Hotel and Restaurant - Steaks, seafood, wine and spirits, ten guest rooms
- Awesome Hot Sauce - Hot sauces and condiments
- Casita Verde - Colorful, distinctive indoor and outdoor garden decor.
- Del Cobre - Fine Handmade Mexican copperware
- Fiesta Cocina - Mexican Vanilla, Kitchen Supplies, Decorative Wares, Cooking & Baking Necessities
- Geppettos - Toys, games, and crafts for children of all ages
- Ghost Tours - Park's only authorized ghost tour concessionaire; evening walking tours. The Ghost Hunter Michael Brown, 619-972-3900
- Goldman's - Fine jewelry and gifts.
- Javiers Handcrafts - Celebrating the beauty of Mexico, featuring a variety of handmade utilitarian items.
- La Panaderia - Fresh traditional Mexican sweet breads, empanadas & churros
- Nibble Chocolate - Handcrafted treats and drinks from organic small sustainable farms.
- Old Town House of Jerky & Root Beer - A wide and unique variety of jerky meats, and up to 50 types of root beer, sarsaparillas, and old style sodas
- Old Town Gift Co. - History books, stationary, novelty cards, unique gifts.
- Old Town Roasted Nuts - Roasted and sugar glazed nuts on-site sold to go
- Roses Tasting Room - Local wines, microbrews, and unique gifts.
- Silver Lily - Unique artisan-crafted silver jewelry as worn by the Californios during the 19th century Spanish, Mexican, and beginning American Periods, especially 1800-1860
- Temecula Olive Oil Company - Organic, hand-pressed, sustainable products
- Tienda de Reyes - Old Town souvenirs, Mexican arts and crafts, and "day of the Dead" merchandise
- The Tile Shop - Tiles, murals, hand-crafted Mexican tiles, house numbers
- Treasures of Mexico - Mexican and domestic goods.
First San Diego Courthouse Museum - Reconstruction of San Diego's first fired-brick structure in Old Town from 1847. For more information, go to the San Diego History Center website
Gum Saan - Fine Chinese Imports
Tafoya & Son - Pottery, glassware, quilts, handmade silver jewelry, Indian medicinals, and American kitchen items
Johnson House - specializing in Millinery, Reproduction & Vintage Jewelry
Miner's Gems and Minerals - Custom Jewelry, Beadwork, Minerals & Fossils
Old Town Theatre - Commercial theatrical productions
Proper Wellness Emporium - Now open at 2613 San Diego Avenue! This store sells a variety of health and wellbeing-promoting items based on the elements of earth, water, wind, fire, and self.
Racine & Laramie Tobacconist - Cigars, tobacco, and stationary, as it was in 1869
Rust General Store - An American 1860s-inspired general store. The products reflect the history and culture of people living in, and the places trading with, San Diego during the American/Transitional time period form 1846 through 1872
San Diego House Coffee, Tea & Spices - a large selection of fine coffees and teas, & light foods to compliment the experience. Representing the first Black owned business in San Diego
Toby's Candle Company - celebrating the tallow trade, this store specializes in custom candles for every occasion, wax sculpting, and soaps
Toler's Leather Depot - Belts, Wallets, Hats, Minnetonka Moccasins, Custom Leather Work on Premises, and More
Tin Smith - Fancy Tin Products
Wallach & Goldman Square Specialty Shops
Casa de Maria Restaurant - Authentic Mexican food with great service and generous portions.
Old Town Ice Cream
Blue Lotus handcrafts
Wells Fargo Express and Banking Museum - Located in the Colorado house; banking museum, including an authentic 1868 Abbot-Downing Co. Stage Coach