This building, circa 1872, consists of two rooms. Originally, it was where the keepers repaired any equipment and machinery. It also stored the paints used to protect the lighthouse tower, keeper’s house, Fog Signal Building and the other out buildings of the station.
Today, it houses the “Keeper’s Store”, operated by the Coastside State Parks Association, the non-profit cooperating association for San Mateo Coast State Parks. The store sells interpretive and educational materials related to lighthouses and the coastal environment. Proceeds from sales support the educational and interpretive programs at Pigeon Point and a variety of special projects related to the park.