Point Lobos Summer Adventures Program
The Point Lobos Summer Adventures program is an outdoor day camp for kids ages 8 to 12. The goal of the program is to expose children to the joys of exploring and recreating in our parks. The program is based at Point Lobos but includes visits to numerous local parks.
In 2014, the cost to register for the program was $300 for each 2-week session. Registration fees cover the costs of the required uniform and all trips and experiences associated with the program including items such as kayak rental, whale watching, berry picking and honorariums to various, non-profit presenters.
- Meet new people and make lasting friendships
- Do nature projects while having fun and staying fit in the outdoors
- Go hiking to places you’ve never been
- Learn to use a compass and a GPS
- Explore the world of undersea life, birds and mammals at Point Lobos and elsewhere around Monterey Bay
- Visit the Coast Guard Rescue Boats
- Pick berries and make jam
- Visit Elkhorn Slough
- Visit Point Pinos Light House
- Participate in resource projects
- Go whale watching and kayaking
- Be outside, make a difference and learn about sustainability