Visitor Safety Tips
Here are some helpful tips to help you have a safe and enjoyable visit to a Capital District State Park:
• Be Aware of Your Surroundings – Be aware of where you are and who is around you.
• Visit our parks and museums with a friend.
• Take your valuables with you. Do not leave anything valuable in your car, not even in your trunk.
• Closely supervise your children as you visit our parks and museums.
• Only use park equipment and/or facilities for their intended purpose.
• On hot days, drink plenty of water.
• Report emergencies by calling 911!
• Contact a State Park Peace Officer to report any possible public safety issues by calling State Park Dispatch (916) 358-1300.
• Obey all laws and regulations.
Most park regulations can be found in the California Code of Regulations Title 14 which you can access with the following link.
Regulations specific to the Capital District State Parks are posted below: