Links to Register:
REGISTRATION OPENS APRIL 23, 2021 AT 9:00AM
*Prior to registration, you must create an account on ReserveCalifornia and list the JG's you wish to enroll, as dependents on your account. Instructions here.
*You can utilize the below links, however you MUST SIGN IN TO YOUR RESERVE CALIFORNIA account first!
These links will only be active starting on April 23, 2021 at 9:00AM:
Rio Del Mar Junior Lifeguards:
Rio Del Mar JG's Session 1, 6/14-6/25, 2021
Rio Del Mar JG's Session 2, 6/28-7/9, 2021
Rio Del Mar JG's Session 3, 7/12-7/23, 2021
Rio Del Mar JG's Session 4, 7/26-8/6, 2021
Rio Del Mar LITTLE GUARDS:
Rio Del Mar LITTLE GUARDS Session 1, 6/14-6/25, 2021
Rio Del Mar LITTLE GUARDS Session 2, 6/28-7/9, 2021
Rio Del Mar LITTLE GUARDS Session 3, 7/12-7/23, 2021
Rio Del Mar LITTLE GUARDS Session 4, 7/26-8/6, 2021
Manresa Junior Lifeguards:
Manresa JG's Session 1, 6/14-6/25, 2021
Manresa JG's Session 2, 6/28-7/9, 2021
Manresa JG's Session 3, 7/12-7/23, 2021
Manresa JG's Session 4, 7/26-8/6, 2021
*WAITLIST: Once Sessions become full, you will be able to sign up your JG for the waitlist via www.reservecalifornia.com*
To better assist you in preparation for registration, the following questions will be asked of you when enrolling:
- Are you a past JG program participant? (Yes/No) (If no, you will need to sign up for a separate tryout registration, here
- Parent/Guardian Name
- Parent/Guardian Phone Number
- Parent/Guardian Name
- Parent/Guardian Phone Number
- Secondary E-mail Address
- Emergency Contact Name (must be different than Parent/Guardian listed above)
- Emergency Contact Phone Number
- Emergency Contact Relationship
- I certify my child is physically fit and can meet the rigorous physical requirements of the Junior Lifeguard Program (Yes/No)
- Please provide the participant’s Physician or HMO Information
- Please list the participant’s allergies to food or drugs
- Please list the participant's special medications and any pertinent information or special instructions
- Is the participant’s Tetanus Diphtheria Booster current? (Yes/No)
- I give permission to make photographs, videotapes, films or other likenesses of me, my child or legal ward with unrestricted right to copy right and any other materials which may be used or re-used as suggested in the waiver. (Yes/No)
- To help facilitate family and social groupings during this time of COVID, please provide names of those registered and we will do our best to accommodate.
Fee per session: $270.00.
There are no discounts for siblings.
Cost Includes: Uniform long sleeved t-shirt.
*Registration prices are subject to change
The Santa Cruz State Junior Lifeguard Program accepts Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit or debit cards only for registration. Uniforms can be purchased via a personal check made out to "California State Parks" or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted for uniform sales).
Tuition assistance is available upon request and must be submitted by the application deadline (go to "Tuition Assistance").
If you are interested in making a donation please contact us at (831) 476-4992.
For returning families, click on the online registration link and you’ll be taken to ReserveCalifornia where you’ll be able to register for your chosen session. Returning particpants do NOT have to complete the swim test.
To enroll, first-time Junior Lifeguards must:
1. Register for the program online prior to attending the tryout! Please make sure you are signing up for the correct session category (beach, session, and age group). We will not be held responsible for registration errors!
2. Once you are registered for the JG program, register for a tryout date and time, here. (check back for link)
3. Complete the tryout. Applicants ages 9-15 must be able to swim freestyle stroke 100 yds continuously, swim 10 yds under water and tread water for three minutes. Applicants ages 6-8 must be able to swim freestyle stroke 50 yds continuously, swim 10 yds under water, and tread water for three minutes.Please make sure your child has these skills before signing them up. If your child does not pass the test, we will issue a full refund minus any processing fees.
New Participant Tryouts:
2021 New Participant tryouts require reservation. The Junior Lifeguard Program is not a “learn to swim” school. Therefore, prospective students are screened at a tryout to see if they have the minimum skills needed to safely participate in and benefit from the Junior Lifeguard Program. The instructors approve a child's skill level based upon successful completion of the test as well as the child's swimming competence and confidence. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if it is felt a student will adversely affect the safety and welfare of themselves and/or others in the program. All new students must successfully complete the testing process to be eligible for the program (NO EXCEPTIONS).
Click To Sign Up for a Tryout
Uniform pickup and sales will be available for participants on pre-designated dates. Please refer to information provided by the JG Coordinator after you are registered.
Uniform items can be paid with a CHECK or by VISA, MASTERCARD OR DISCOVER credit cards (checks made out to: California State Parks)