Become a Volunteer at Marshall Gold Discovery SHP
We invite you and your family to join our volunteer program this year and help share the history of the gold rush and the people of Coloma with park visitors. People of all ages are encouraged to join the volunteer program at Marshall Gold Discovery.
As a volunteer at the park, you will complete a comprehensive training program that provides information about the park, its history, and its historic buildings, as well as training on park services, historic interpretation, leading tours and school programs, and historic clothing. Ongoing learning and research opportunities are also available to volunteers on a regular basis.
Volunteers are asked to make a commitment of volunteering a minimum of 8 hours per month.
Click here to download the volunteer application for Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park
Return completed applications to: Marshall Gold Discovery SHP, attn: Jerrie Beard, PO Box 265, Coloma CA 95613
Some of the places where volunteers are especially needed include:
- Leading educational programs for school groups
- Leading tours, talks and gold panning
- Living history demonstrations
- Working in the mercantile inside the museum
- Greeting visitors at the visitor center and museum
- Performing park maintenance/landscaping
- Promoting the park and its events
- Interpreting historic buildings
- Performing research in the library
- Aiding in the preservation of the library collections
- Aiding with clerical and administrative tasks
Marshall Gold Discovery SHP invites you to become a part of the park family and join other volunteers who are helping to keep the history of the park and the gold rush vibrant and alive. The park will be holding a volunteer training class beginning in February 2020. This is a 6-session training program, and you must attend all sessions.
Saturday, February 8, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 15, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 22, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 29, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 7, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 14, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
If you are interested please contact Jerrie: 530-295-2174 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org