Become a Volunteer at Marshall Gold Discovery SHP
Help share the history of the gold rush and the people of Coloma with park visitors. People of all ages are encouraged to join the volunteer program at Marshall Gold Discovery.
Volunteers are asked to make a commitment of volunteering a minimum of 8 hours per month.
Become part of a vibrant group of people who assist with educational programs, greeting visitors, beautification projects around the park, and historic and geneologic research. Whether you like to wear mid-ninteenth century clothing, lead groups of school children, or fix things, there is something for everyone at the park. Join our next volunteer training class in August and become part of the team.
The next training will be done partially by ZOOM and partially in person at the park. New volunteers will need to attend all training dates to complete the volunteer training program. Following are the training dates.
- Tuesday, August 8, 2023 5:30-7:30 pm Zoom
- Thursday, August 10, 2023, 5:30 – 7:30 pm Zoom
- Saturday, August 12, 2023, 9 am-2:30 pm In person
- Tuesday, August 15, 2023, 5:30-7:30 pm Zoom
- Thursday, August 17, 2023, 5:30 – 7:30 pm Zoom
- Saturday, August 19, 2023, 9 am-2:30 pm In person
- Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 5:30 – 7:30 pm Zoom
- Thursday, August 24, 2023, 5:30 – 7:30 pm Zoom
- Saturday, August 26, 2023, 9 am-2:30 pm In person
Some of the places where volunteers are especially needed include:
- Leading educational programs for school groups
- Leading tours, talks and gold panning
- Living history demonstrations
- Working in the mercantile inside the museum
- Greeting visitors at the visitor center and museum
- Performing park maintenance/landscaping
- Promoting the park and its events
- Interpreting historic buildings
- Performing research in the library
- Aiding in the preservation of the library collections
Marshall Gold Discovery SHP invites you to become a part of the park family and join other volunteers who are helping to keep the history of the park and the gold rush vibrant and alive.
To apply via paper form, use this link to download the volunteer application for Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park
Return completed applications to: Marshall Gold Discovery SHP, attn: Jerrie Beard, PO Box 265, Coloma CA 95613
If you are interested please contact Jerrie: 530-295-2174 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org