Sanford Manufacturing Company
The Sanford Manufacturing Company first appeared in the Chicago Directory in 1873; however, it was most likely established prior to this. The company opened satellite offices in New York beginning in 1896 and by 1945, the New York directories list the company as Sanford Ink Company. This bottle is made of amber glass with a crown top and is embossed with "SANFORD'S INKS/ONE PINT/AND LIBRARY PASTE". It was recovered from Old Sacramento SHP in 1978.