What Can Museums And Tribes Do?
What can museums and tribes do? Where do you start?
- Post warning notices throughout the workplace (see Appendix A).
- Provide proper protective equipment (see Appendix A and Appendix B).
- Train staff and volunteers.
- Develop a Toxins Inventory (see Appendix C).
- Be vigilant for problem pieces/substances (see Appendix D).
- Modify policies and procedures as necessary.
- Stay informed about new developments and inform others.
- Request Toxins Inventory and Consultation Preparation Checklist (see Appendix E) Prior to site visits.
- Consider mitigation strategies (see Appendix F).
- Report problems to National NAGPRA office.