1. Create an account through: Reserve California New Customer
2. Set up dependents “New Participant Registration R2S2”
3. Locate our Activity on ReserveCalifornia
Search by the keyword category as “Junior Lifeguards,” the location is “Refugio SB” and the date to search will be 6/24/2019
4. Simply complete the online enrollment application for ALL participants in the same check out to get the sibling discount and payment process by clicking the "Register Now" button below.
*IMPORTANT: If you are a NEW JG applicant (i.e. you have never been in our program before), your child must attend and pass our tryout test BEFORE online registration.
Tryout test information is located on our PARENT INFO page.
If you are a NEW JG applicant, your child must pass the tryout test to officially enroll.
To sign up at the tryouts:
Simply show up to one of our tryouts (tryout dates, times, and locations are listed on our "HOME PAGE".
You will not be required to pay until after your child passes the tryout test.
To become a Volunteer Assistant:
1. Carefully read the General Info about becoming an Assistant (click here).
2. Complete a hiring packet including FBI/DOJ Live-Scan (a.k.a background check) before Assistant Training begins (email email@example.com to set up an appointment to receive paperwork)
3. **COMING SOON** Register online through Reserve California, just like a junior guard except you'll click on Refugio JG assistant session.
*You must mail in all required documents as a single packet NO LATER THAN JUNE 10th. Mail to: 10 Refugio Beach Rd., Goleta, CA 93117.
*Or bring in completed packet to JG Assistant Training.
*Please note that JG Assistant Training is: June 19th, 2020 from 10am-3pm.
4. Read, study the itinerary and study guide (orange button below) in preparation for assistant training. As you will be tested physically and mentally on this information at training.
5. Attend and successfully pass the 7-hour competitive Assistant Training Course held at Refugio State Beach June 19th 2020 from 10am-3pm.
Assistant Candidates must:
-Be at least 15 years old by June 1st of the current program year
-Have attended at least 1 session of the Refugio JG in the past
-Be in good standing (no discipline problems).
Assistants are apart of the Junior lifeguard program so participants must be under 18 as of June 1st.
ASSISTANT TRAINING & SELECTON PROCESS
1. Attend and successfully pass an ocean tryout (see Hiring Info below)
*After one or more successful seasons as an Ocean Lifeguard, qualified staff can be considered for a position as a Jr. Lifeguard Instructor.
SEASONAL LIFEGUARD HIRING INFORMATION