Wi-Fi is currently unavailable at South Carlsbad State Beach and San Elijo State Beach.
Various Campfire Programs, Junior Ranger Programs, and Nature Walks may be offered; check signs posted on the restrooms and at the entrance station regarding park information during your visit.
San Diego Coast District State Parks has a “Campground Watch” program to help reduce theft, burglary, and other crimes within the park. You are invited to participate and help in the safety and protection of your campsite, as well as campsites around you.
The most common crime along the coastal beaches is theft. Most thefts are from unattended campsites where items, such as bikes, radios, ice chests, fishing poles, and surfboards, have been left in plain sight or unsecured at night. To help reduce theft and other crimes, State Park Peace Officers ask you to take the following steps:
- Secure valuables in your vehicle trunk or tent at night or when leaving your campsite.
- Introduce yourself to those camped around you and agree to help in watching each other’s campsite and personal belongings.
- Mark property with your State Driver’s License number for easy identification.
- REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITIES IMMEDIATELY.
By following these few, simple tips you may be assuring yourself and your neighbors of a safe, fun, and relaxing stay at your California State Park.
All restrooms / shower buildings have accessible facilities. Prior to arrival, visitors with disabilities who need assistance should contact the unit Supervising Ranger.
General Park Regulations
This list of regulations is intended to make your camping stay here a more enjoyable experience. Anytime during your stay, if you need assistance, please contact our staff and they will be glad to help.
- Check in time is at 2:00 PM each day. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Fees include entry for 1 vehicle and 1 legally towed vehicle or trailer. Additional vehicles must register and pay additional fees. (CURRENTLY, $15.00 EACH VEHICLE)
- Campers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, or provide, upon arrival, a letter from a parent granting permission to camp. All juveniles must be in their own campsite after 10 p.m.
- Quiet hours are 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. Visitors not staying overnight must be out by 10 p.m
- Generator hours: Generator are NOT allowed from 8 p.m. until 10 a.m.
- Campsites are limited to 8 people maximum and is designed for individual family use. Large groups may require a special event permit.
- Campsites are limited to 3 vehicles and Double Hook-ups are limited to 4 vehicles. There is no parking for more vehicles. A trailer is counted as a vehicle. Park out of roadway behind site number, to allow emergency vehicle access.
- Animals must be on a leash less than 6 feet at all times may not be left outside at night and are prohibited on the beach.
- Dogs are not permitted on South Carlsbad State Beach
- Alcohol and glass containers are NOT allowed on the beach or beyond your campsite.
- All park plants are protected. Do not cut or attach items, such as ropes, to any plants.
- March to November customers are allowed, but may not exceed 7 consecutive nights per customer, and/or vehicle license plate. There is a 48 hour required stay gap between reservations that have met the consecutive stay limits.
- December to February customers are allowed, but may not exceed 14 consecutive nights, per customer and/or vehicle license plate. There is a 48 hour required stay gap between reservations that have met the consecutive stay limits.
- Additionally, there is an annual maximum of 30 nights per calendar year at each park that cannot be exceeded per customer and/or vehicle license plates.
- Park Road separates Oceanfront (premium) sites from Inland sites. Ocean sites are on a bluff overlooking beach. Stairs to beach. Sites have no shade.
- Kiosk hours: Hi season 8 am - 9 pm. Low season 8 am - 8 pm.
- Accessible campsites are paved and may have limited area for tents.
Campfire Center Rentals
Interested in having your group gather at the Campfire Center? Registered campers can reserve the campfire center for large groups in four hour increments, based on site availability. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Campground showers---TOKEN operated.
Token machines located at the ranger station and at the campfire center.
A camp store located near the campground entrance provides all the amenities a camper may need including some RV supplies, boogie boards, firewood, and fishing gear. Additional information is available at www.thecampstore.com.
- CANCEL POLICY: The $7.99 reservation fee is non-refundable.
- If you cancel a reservation, a cancellation fee of $7.99 will be assessed per reservation.
- Cancellations can be done online or by calling the Contact Center.
- If you cancel your reservation after 6pm the day before your arrival, the first night’s fee is forfeited.
- EARLY OUT POLICY: Customers will forfeit their $7.99 reservation fee and a $7.99 cancellation fee will be deducted from any refund you may be due. If you must leave the park one or more days early, you must check out before 12:00 NOON.
- NO SHOW POLICY: A campsite will be held for you until 12:00 NOON the day after your arrival date. If you have not called the park before that time, you will be considered a “no show” and the park will cancel your reservation. Customer will forfeit their $7.99 reservation fee, $7.99 cancellation fee and first night use fee.
- MODIFICATION POLICY: If you need to change your arrival/departure date and/or site, you must call out Customer Call Center by 6 p.m. PST the day before your arrival date. Visitors will be charged a $7.99 modification fee per reserved campsite for change in dates, sites, parks, extending or shortening stay requests. If you must leave the park one or more days early, you must check out before 12:00 NOON. Two Modifications may be made to an existing reservation with the exception of Crystal Cove Cottages. No modifications will be accepted for Crystal Cove Cottages. Retain your camping confirmation letter until you have received your refund. Allow at least 30 days for processing of refunds.
- If you miss your first day but plan to arrive later, you must call the park each day to hold the remainder of your reservation.
- For cabin and other alternative camping, please check the park specific cancellation policies on ReserveCalifornia’s website under Alerts and Important Information, Site Alerts, and confirmation letter. Cancellation policies vary from park to park. Cabin reservation holders will forfeit the first night fees when cancelling 6 or fewer days prior to arrival.
- Modified and cancelled inventory will not be immediately released as available. Modified and cancelled inventory will be released at 8am PT the following day.
Beginning April 1, 2018, there will be a $10.00 fee for use of the dump station in most California State Parks. California State Parks is partnering with Sani-Star, a provider of self-pay stations for sewage dumps, to secure the dump station and collect fees for use. Sani-Star accepts credit and debit cards right at the dump station. This is a change from our current policy, which had included the use of the sanitary dump station with a campsite registration fee. More information can be found at the park website following this link: https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29762
- Visitors reserving accessible campsites are required to possess a valid Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) Disabled Placard or Disabled License Plate and corresponding Identification Card issued by DMV. Disabled veterans possessing a valid Disabled Veteran's License Plate and corresponding Identification Card also meet the requirement.
- Your DMV Disabled Placard/License Plate does not automatically give you a discount on your campsite. You will need to obtain a CA State park-issued Disabled Discount Pass (DDP) or Distinguished Veterans Pass (DVP).
- If you require an accessible campsite, you must specify this at the time of the reservation.