Wi-Fi is currently unavailable at San Elijo State Beach or South Carlsbad State Beach.
Dogs on Beach
Dogs are allowed on the beach south of Lifeguard Tower 16 at San Elijo State Beach. Dogs must be on leash at all times.
Various Campfire Programs, Junior Ranger Programs, and Nature Walks may be offered; check signs posted on the restrooms and at the entrance station regarding park information during your visit. Click here for upcoming programs and activities.
San Diego Coast District State Parks has a “Campground Watch” program to help reduce theft, burglary, and other crimes within the park. You are invited to participate and help in the safety and protection of your campsite, as well as campsites around you.
The most common crime along the coastal beaches is that of theft. Most thefts are from unattended campsites where items, such as bikes, radios, ice chests, fishing poles, and surfboards, have been left in plain sight or unsecured at night. To help reduce theft and other crimes, State Park Peace Officers ask you to take the following steps:
1. Secure valuables in your vehicle trunk or tent at night or when leaving your campsite.
2. Introduce yourself to those camped around you and agree to help in watching each other’s campsite and personal belongings.
3. Mark property with your State Driver’s License number for easy identification.
4. REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITIES IMMEDIATELY.
By following these few, simple tips you may be assuring yourself and your neighbors of a safe, fun, and relaxing stay at your California State Park.
All restrooms / shower buildings have accessible facilities.
General Park Regulations
This list of regulations is intended to make your camping stay here a more enjoyable experience. Anytime during your stay, if you need assistance, please contact our staff and they will be glad to help.
- Check in time is at 2:00 PM each day. (SORRY, NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Fees include entry for 1 vehicle and 1 legally towed vehicle or trailer. Additional vehicles must register and pay additional fees. (CURRENTLY, $15.00 EACH VEHICLE)
- Campers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, or provide, upon arrival, a letter from a parent granting permission to camp. All juveniles must be in their own campsite after 10 p.m.
- Quiet hours are 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. Visitors not staying overnight must be out by 10 p.m
- Generator hours: Generators are NOT allowed from 8 p.m. until 10 a.m.
- Campsites are limited to 8 people maximum and is designed for individual family use. Large groups may require a special event permit.
- RV hookup sites are limited to two vehicles. Only one RV or Trailer is permitted in the hookup campsite. All wheels of all vehicles must stay on pavement. Standard sites are limited to 3 vehicles. There is no parking for more vehicles. A trailer is counted as a vehicle. Park out of roadway behind site number, to allow emergency vehicle access.
- Animals must be on a leash less than 6 feet at all times may not be left outside at night and are prohibited on the beach.
- Alcohol and glass containers are NOT allowed on the beach or beyond your campsite.
- All park plants are protected. Do not cut or attach items, such as ropes, to any plants.
- March to November customers are allowed, but may not exceed 7 consecutive nights per customer, and/or vehicle license plate. There is a 48 hour required stay gap between reservations that have met the consecutive stay limits.
- December to February customers are allowed, but may not exceed 14 consecutive nights, per customer and/or vehicle license plate. There is a 48 hour required stay gap between reservations that have met the consecutive stay limits.
- Additionally, there is an annual maximum of 30 nights per calendar year at each park that cannot be exceeded per customer and/or vehicle license plates.
- Park Road separates Oceanfront (premium) sites from Inland sites. Ocean sites are on a bluff overlooking beach. Stairs to beach. Sites have no shade.
- Kiosk hours: Hi season 8 am - 10 pm. Low season 8 am - 8 pm.
- Accessible campsites are paved and may have limited area for tents.
Campfire Center Rentals
The Campfire Center is currently closed due to the construction of the new Lifeguard Headquarters. Click here for more information about the Lifeguard Headquarters.
The Friends of Cardiff and Carlsbad State Beaches are currently accepting donations to repair the existing stairways that lead to the beach throughout the park. The project has already started at South Carlsbad. Be a part of this important project! Find out more! www.fccsb.org