Wi-Fi is currently unavailable at San Elijo State Beach or South Carlsbad State Beach.
Various Campfire Programs, Junior Ranger Programs, and Nature Walks may be offered; check signs posted on the restrooms and at the entrance station regarding park information during your visit.
San Diego Coast District State Parks has a “Campground Watch” program to help reduce theft, burglary, and other crimes within the park. You are invited to participate and help in the safety and protection of your campsite, as well as campsites around you.
The most common crime along the coastal beaches is that of theft. Most thefts are from unattended campsites where items, such as bikes, radios, ice chests, fishing poles, and surfboards, have been left in plain sight or unsecured at night. To help reduce theft and other crimes, State Park Peace Officers ask you to take the following steps:
1. Secure valuables in your vehicle trunk or tent at night or when leaving your campsite.
2. Introduce yourself to those camped around you and agree to help in watching each other’s campsite and personal belongings.
3. Mark property with your State Driver’s License number for easy identification.
4. REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITIES IMMEDIATELY.
By following these few, simple tips you may be assuring yourself and your neighbors of a safe, fun, and relaxing stay at your California State Park.
All restrooms / shower buildings have accessible facilities. Prior to arrival, visitors with disabilities who need assistance should contact the unit Supervising Ranger.
General Park Regulations
This list of regulations is intended to make your camping stay here a more enjoyable experience. Anytime during your stay, if you need assistance, please contact our staff and they will be glad to help.
• Check in time is at 2:00 PM each day. (SORRY, NO EXCEPTIONS)
Fees include entry for 1 vehicle and 1 legally towed vehicle or trailer. Additional vehicles must register and pay additional fees. (CURRENTLY, $15.00 EACH VEHICLE)
• Campers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, or provide, upon arrival, a letter from a parent granting permission to camp. All juveniles must be in their own campsite after 10 p.m.
• Quiet hours are 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. Visitors not staying overnight must be out by 10 p.m
• Generator hours are NOT allowed from 8 p.m. until 10 a.m.
• Campsites are limited to 8 people maximum and is designed for individual family use. Large groups may require a special event permit.
• RV hookup sites are limited to two vehicles. Only one RV or Trailer is permitted in the hookup campsite. All wheels of all vehicles must stay on pavement. Standard sites are limited to 3 vehicles. There is no parking for more vehicles. A trailer is counted as a vehicle. Park out of roadway behind site number, to allow emergency vehicle access.
• Animals must be on a leash less than 6 feet at all times may not be left outside at night and are prohibited on the beach.
• Alcohol and glass containers are NOT allowed on the beach or beyond your campsite.
• All park plants are protected. Do not cut or attach items, such as ropes, to any plants.
• Maximum stay during High Season (March - November) is 7 nights. All persons and equipment must vacate for a minimum of 48 hours before beginning another stay.
• Park Road separates Oceanfront (premium) sites from Inland sites. Ocean sites are on a bluff overlooking beach. Stairs to beach. Sites have no shade.
• Kiosk hours: Hi season 8 am - 10 pm. Low season 8 am - 8 pm.
• Accessible campsites are paved and may have limited area for tents.
Campfire Center Rentals
Interested in having your group gather at the Campfire Center? Registered campers can reserve the campfire center for large groups in four hour increments, based on site availability. Please email email@example.com for more information.
The Friends of Cardiff and Carlsbad State Beaches are currently accepting donations to repair the existing stairways that lead to the beach throughout the park. The project has already started at South Carlsbad. Be a part of this important project! Find out more! www.fccsb.org
INTERESTED IN WATER SPORTS? Didn't bring a board? Need a lesson? We've got you covered!
Eli Howard Surf School is an overnight surf camp at San Elijo State Beach which also provides summer surf camps, weekend escapes for adults and Scouts, private surf parties, surf rentals, & day surf lessons year round. Visit Eli Howard Surf School or call (760) 809-3069.
Eli Howard Surf School is an Overnight surf camp which also provides summer surf camps, Weekend Escapes for adults and Scouts, private surf parties, surf rentals, & day surf lessons year round and is also located near the campground entrance http://www.elihoward.com/ or telephone (760) 809-3069.