Current Major Projects
- Enter approximately 1 million artifacts into a parks-wide data base system
- Data entry of information from the artifact catalogs along with information on how to find stored objects
- Better access to the records and photographs associated with archaeological survey and excavation projects
- Digital photography of collections to add to artifact catalog records
- Washing and cataloging artifacts from recent excavations
- Improve access to artifacts in the collections for researchers, archaeologists, curators, historians, scholars, and interpreters
Archaeologist Cristi Assad Hunter searching for an artifact.
Angela Avery taking photos of artifacts at the
Archaeological Collections Facility in West Sacramento.