Habitat Conservation Fund
An application deadline for the next round of Habitat Conservation Fund Programs will be announced here.
HCF - $2 million available annually
The Habitat Conservation Fund allocates approximately $2 million each year to cities, counties, and districts. The program requires a 50% match. Eligible projects include: nature interpretation programs to bring urban residents into park and wildlife areas, protection of various plant and animal species, and acquisition and development of wildlife corridors and trails.
- HCF Application Guides
- Deer/Mountain Lion Habitat: PDF / DOC
- Rare, Endangered, Threatened or Fully Protected Species Habitat: PDF / DOC
- Wetlands: PDF / DOC
- Anadromous Salmonids and Trout Habitat: PDF / DOC
- Riparian Habitat: PDF / DOC
- Trails: PDF / DOC
- Wildlife Area Activities: PDF / DOC
HCF Application Forms:
- Authorizing Resolution Form
- Cost Estimate Match Form
- CEQA Compliance Certification Form
- Acquisition Schedule Form
Additional Application Resources
Website links to the California Conservation Corps (CCC), California Association of Local Conservation Corps, California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), Endangered Species, Equipment Rental Rates, Topographic Maps, and Prevailing Wage
Any questions about the HCF Program on the application process may be directed to Barbara Baker at Barbara.Baker@parks.ca.gov or (916) 651-7743.
Previous Procedural Guides:
Draft Procedural Guide (2007-2009)
Procedural Guide (2006 and earlier)