Murray-Hayden Urban Youth Services Grant Program (Competitive Grants)
Murray-Hayden Urban Youth Services Funded Projects
To provide grant funding for capital projects, including parks, park facilities, environmental enhancement projects, youth centers, and environmental youth service centers that are within immediate proximity of a neighborhood that has been identified by the Department as having a critical lack of parks and/or open space and/or deteriorated park facilities that are in an area of significant poverty and unemployment, and have a shortage of services for youth.
Priority shall be given to capital projects that employ neighborhood residents and at-risk youth.
- Heavily Urbanized Counties: Counties with a population of 750,000 or more
- Heavily Urbanized Cites: Cities with a population of 200,000 or more, or cities within a Heavily Urbanized County
- Non-Profit organizations, Eligible Districts*, and Federally recognized California Indian Tribes within Heavily Urbanized Counties or Heavily Urbanized Cities
*See Procedural Guide (link below) for definition
- Acquisition and Development
Acquisition only projects are not eligible
Funds Available: $42,232,000 was available for the competitive portion of this program
Application Deadline was May 1, 2002
Minimum and Maximum Grant Amounts:
- The minimum is $50,000
- At least $15,000,000 shall be available for grant awards of up to $500,000 per Project.
- The remaining funds shall be available for grant awards of up to $3,000,000 per Project.
Match Calculator for Need Basis Grants
MS Word | Acrobat PDF
PDF Format | MS Word Format
A hardcopy can be requested by calling 916-653-7423.
Technical Assistance Materials