Riparian and Riverine Habitat Grant Program
Riparian and Riverine Habitat Program Funded Projects
Cities, counties, districts, local agencies formed for park purposes, other districts*, and federally recognized California Indian tribes
*See Procedural Guide (link below) for definition
- Program Intent: To provide funds on a competitive basis to increase public recreational access, awareness, understanding, enjoyment, protection, and restoration of California's irreplaceable rivers and streams.
- Funds available: $9,446,000 was available
- Application Deadline was February 1, 2002
- Eligible Projects: Include the acquisition, development, or improvement of recreation areas, open space, parks, and trails in close proximity to rivers and streams. All projects must include a Riparian or Riverine habitat enhancement element and also provide for public access.
- Minimum and Maximum Grant Amounts: The minimum is $20,000, and the maximum is $400,000.
Acrobat PDF Format | MS Word Format
A hardcopy can be requested by calling 916-653-7423