Roberti-Z’berg-Harris (RZH) Grants - Prop 12
Funded and Not Funded Projects
List of RZH Non Urbanized Need Basis Grant Program Projects Funded: (PDF DOC)
List of RZH Urbanized Need Basis Grant Program Projects Funded: (PDF DOC)
There are three separate subprograms. Eligibility varies depending on the subprogram.
Funds for this grant program are to be allocated for projects pursuant to the Roberti-Z'berg-Harris Urban Open Space and Recreational Grant Program (Public Resources Code Chapter 3.2 commencing with Section 5620) and are to be used for:
- High priority projects that satisfy the most urgent park and recreation needs, with emphasis on unmet needs in the most heavily populated and most economically disadvantaged areas within each jurisdiction.
- Projects for which funding supplements--rather than supplants---local expenditures for park and recreation facilities and does not diminish a local jurisdiction's efforts to provide park and recreation services.
- Block grants allocated on the basis of population and location in urbanized areas.
- Need-basis grants to be awarded competitively to eligible entities in urbanized areas and in nonurbanized areas.
Application deadline for competitive grant programs: 11/1/2001
- Acquisition of park and recreation lands and facilities
- Development/rehabilitation of park and recreation lands and facilities
- Special Major Maintenance of park and recreation lands and facilities
- Innovative Recreation Programs
Note: Special Major Maintenance and/or Innovative Recreation Programs may not exceed 30% of grant funds
Match Calculator for Need Basis Grants
MS Word | Acrobat PDF
RZH Block Grants
RZH Nonurbanized Grants
RZH Urbanized Grants
Allocation Amounts MS Word | Acrobat PDF