The ability to book reservations via phone is still available under the new reservation system - ReserveCalifornia™. The new system is supported by a Customer Call Center – (800) 444-PARK (7275).
The center is available 7 days a week, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST (except New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day).The best times to call are midday and midweek, when the phone lines are less busy.
Have the following Information ready when you call.
- Park selections
- Date you wish to start camping
- Type and size of camping equipment
- Number of people that will occupy the campsite
- Number of nights you wish to camp
- Alternative park and camping date choices
- Your phone number with area code
- Mailing address
- Method of payment (credit card number and expiration date)
Before you hang up make sure . . .
- Your reservation agent confirms your selection.
- The information you provided has been recorded correctly.
- Your reservation agent provides you with a reservation number to use when you arrive at the park.
Important: With the transition to ReserveCalifornia™, the department moved from a first-of-the-month on-sale days to a new rolling window reservation service. It is similar to the booking window for facilities in the National Park Service.
Visitors will be able to reserve highly sought-after campsites and lodging six months in advance from the current date. Camping and lodging inventory will become available each day for a period of six months in advance. Bookings may extend from the arrival date to the desired departure date – based on availability and the park’s maximum stay rules. Click here for more information on the new rolling window service.